Save Small Business Fund
The U.S. Chamber Foundation has launched the Save Small Business Fund. If you are in the following zip codes, you may be eligible: 44215-Chippewa Lake, 44235-Homerville, 44254-Lodi, 44273-Seville, 44274-Sharon Center, 44275-Spencer, 44281-Wadsworth
To learn more, visit: https://savesmallbusiness.com/
Salesforce Small Business Grants
Salesforce is offering a small business grant program. Ohio is eligible to apply April 24 at 11:00am EDT (8:00 pacific) through May 1, 2:59pm EDT (11:59 pacific). Application information can be found here: https://grants.ureeka.biz/salesforce?eid=ss-esmb-or
To be eligible to apply, companies must:
- Be a for-profit company
- Have between 2 to 50 employees
- Have been in business for 2 full years as of March 2020
- Have an annual revenue between $250k and $2M
- Have experienced challenges from COVID-19
- Meet all other eligibility requirements as stated in the Grant Program Terms linked here.
Main Street Lending Program
The Federal Reserve established the Main Street Lending Program to enhance support for small and mid-sized businesses that were in good financial standing before the crisis by offering 4-year loans to companies employing up to 10,000 workers or with revenues of less than $2.5 billion. Principal and interest payments will be deferred for one year. Eligible banks may originate new Main Street loans or use Main Street loans to increase the size of existing loans to businesses. Banks will retain a 5 percent share, selling the remaining 95 percent to the Main Street facility, which will purchase up to $600 billion of loans. Firms seeking Main Street loans must commit to make reasonable efforts to maintain payroll and retain workers. Borrowers must also follow compensation, stock repurchase, and dividend restrictions that apply to direct loan programs under the CARES Act. Firms that have taken advantage of the PPP may also take out Main Street loans.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
This act applies to companies with fewer than 500 employees. There are two components: Paid Family Leave and Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL). The Department of Labor has released guidance on management, expectations, and guidelines on this Act here: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave
Critchfield, Critchfield, and Johnston has their summary here: https://www.ccj.com/blog/2020/03/26/status-of-federal-stimulus-bill-coronavirus-aid-relief-and-economic-security-cares-act
McDonald Hopkins has provided a summary here: https://mcdonaldhopkins.com/Insights/March-2020/DOL-Provides-Guidance-on-Families-First-Coronaviru
SBA Disaster Recovery Loans
(also called Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance)– The SBA offers disaster recovery loans to businesses. NOTE: The requirement that you cannot get credit elsewhere has been waived. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
This voluntary layoff aversion program available through Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) allows employers to reduce work hours without laying people off. Workers with reduced hours can receive unemployment insurance benefits for time not worked. More information can be found at https://jfs.ohio.gov/ouc/sharedworkohio or by calling 866-733-0025, Option 3.
Paycheck Protection Program
The Department of Treasury has released the following information regarding the Paycheck Protection Program.
Starting April 3, 2020, small businesses and sole proprietorships can apply.
Starting April 10, 2020, independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply. We encourage you to apply as quickly as you can because there is a funding cap.
Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program
Companies who have a relationship with an SBA Express Lender can access up to $25,000 quickly. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/sba-express-bridge-loans
SBA Debt Relief
The SBA will automatically pay the principal, interest, and fees of current 7(a) loans for a period of six months and new loans established prior to September 27, 2020. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/sba-debt-relief
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance
Companies are eligible to apply for up to $10,000 in advance. This advance will provide economic relief to businesses experiencing temporary loss of revenue. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/economic-injury-disaster-loan-emergency-advance
Employee Retention Credit
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service launched the ERC designed to encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll. The refundable tax credit is 50% of up to $10,000 in wages paid by an eligible employer whose business has been financially impacted by COVID-19. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/faqs-employee-retention-credit-under-the-cares-act